Check Out These 10 Email Marketing Best Practices
Keeping up with all of the trends in marketing can be a full-time task, and it’s no different with email marketing. Within the last several years there have been changes made that only make an already effective technique even more so. However like all business models, there are some best practices you’ll want to follow to get the best results possible. Let’s detail some of those for you here and now.
Ten best practices for email marketing
- Craft an attention-getting subject line – This is task one, as if you don’t make this something that compels an open, you’re done. Use short, bold and punchy text.
- Optimize your emails for mobile – Since now as much as 67 percent of all emails are going to be viewed on a mobile device, if you’re not doing this you are losing ground.
- Personalize the “From” line – Using an impersonal return address such as email@example.com will more than likely get trashed.
- Use a call to action – Several, if possible. And make certain at least one of them is above the fold.
- Keep body of email short – Brevity is the clear winner these days, when everyone is pressed for time. Use short, clear paragraphs and text.
- Include videos and pictures – Visual content is very popular these days, and there is a lot of evidence that it converts far better than mere text.
- Emphasize benefits to reader – Don’t spend time talking about you: all they really want to know is what’s in it for them, so be sure not to disappoint.
- Don’t send too little or too much – This is one you need to test, as all audiences are a bit different, but be assured that once a month is too little, and a dozen times a week is too much.
- Social sharing is a must – Be sure that your emails are able to be shared socially, as this can increase their reach many times over.
- Deliver valuable content – The best thing you can do to get better results from your email marketing is to consistently deliver awesome content. Doing so will brand you a star in your niche, and word will get around.
Posted on: 11.05.14