WordPress: A Growing Platform
WordPress used to be viewed mainly as a blogging platform. But it has grown into one of the most popular website publishing tools on the Internet. Tech Crunch recently reported that about one fifth of new domains in the U.S. operate on WordPress. And it may surprise you to learn that one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- Updating your content is easier than ever before using WordPress. With its dynamic page creation you can update your site effortlessly without using a large amount of storage
- You can get a subdomain for free! If you register with WordPress to get a free site, you can easily name your free subdomain like this: www.yourname.wordpress.org.
- If you have your own domain and hosting account, WordPress can be installed in minutes (WordPress calls it their ‘famous 5-minute install’). No coding skills needed.
- Are there minimum requirements? Yes, if you’re hosting your own website outside of WordPress, there are a few requirements to bear in mind. To get the appropriate support at some point, you will need to make sure you have the correct MySQL and PHP versions on your server.
- There are scores of great looking templates (known as “themes”) available from different sources on the Internet. Many are free, some are not. In any case, choosing the best design for your website is fast and simple.
- Managing your website, posts, media, and all other materials in WordPress can be done easily through their user friendly dashboard. You can also manage several users!
- WordPress is e-commerce friendly. You will find loads of plugins developed by users to enable you to advertise, review, and even sell products. Which means you don’t need to find other payment systems or other add-ons, they can be found easily within the WordPress community.
Posted on: 02.17.12